Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blueberry Patch...

Maleah and I got up early this morning (6:30am to be exact) and headed out to the Blueberry Patch. It's one of my favorite things to do in the summer. The patch sits on a couple of acres of land and it's absolutely beautiful. I love going early in the morning when the sun is just coming up and it's still fairly cool outside. Sometimes there is even a little dew on the ground. I love being surrounded by nature with all of its lush green foliage and the sound of birds singing their morning songs. It just makes me feel so serene, so peaceful. As if I'm closer to God; as if that's the way it's supposed to be. Maleah enjoys it too, but she usually ends up eating 95% of what she picks. I'm totally okay with that, though, because blueberries are extremely good for you and these are organic. No pesticides used whatsoever. I usually get around 3-4 lbs. We use the fresh blueberries on cereal, in muffins or just eat them plain, and we freeze a bunch for smoothies. It's one of my favorite fruits. Maybe one day I'll have blueberry plants of my own.

No comments: