Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Green Smoothies

I wanted to share with you a perfect and easy way for you to get your fruits and veggies in on a daily basis. Green Smoothies. I started making these a couple of days ago and I'm hooked. I am already feeling the difference physically. More energy and less hunger. All you need is a good blender. Add 1-2 cups of water, depending on how thick you want it, and then add your greens. The darker in color the better. I like using kale and spinach. Romain lettuce is good too. Use a couple of good handfuls of the greens. Blend this up into liquid. Then add your fruit. I like any combination of cut up apples, kiwi, frozen blueberries, fresh bananas, and pineapple. If you really want to make it healthy add flax oil. It is one of those must haves foods/supplements. Flax oil (which I get at my local health food store) promotes cardiovascular health, colon health and healthy skin. It contains high quality protein, lots of fiber, and lots of vitamins and minerals. I highly recommend it.

If you want to see smoothies being made or just want to get inspired, go to youtube.com and type in green smoothies in the search engine. There are lots of good videos on there. I challenge you to drink just one smoothie a day (preferably in the morning) and see if you don't feel different! Here's to your health!

No comments: