Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First day of preschool!

Today was a monumental day in the Grigsby household. Maleah went to preschool. After 4 years of being at home with mom she is spreading her little wings and venturing out to make new friends and learn new things. She was soooo excited about going. She woke up bright and early and ready to go. I, on the other hand, was a wreck. Well, not really, but I felt really weird. I felt anxious and unsteady. We rarely get a babysitter for her let alone hand her over to complete strangers for five hours a day, twice a week. But, this preschool is awesome and I feel very comfortable leaving her there. They were very loving and nurturing towards her. I actually think it's going to be very good for her. And Lord knows I need the "me" time. I drove around today after I dropped her off and I didn't know what to do. It felt so foreign to not have her. Thursday will be different. I will get into a routine of cleaning the house, going to the gym, shopping, having coffee with girlfriends and whatever else may come my way. Lovely! I think I'm going to enjoy this season of my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope both of your days went well!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my lovely niece! You're so gracious to share her with others, they'll appreciate all the marvelous things you've taught her!

Now, go forth and be MARA again. Smile, sister!

Kelly