Saturday, August 16, 2008

A new green smoothie concoction...

Let me first start off by saying that I'm sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. We haven't done the "Around the World" meal in a couple of weeks because Jarod has been gone. He was staying with his football coach while they had two practices a day; one at 6am and one at 6pm. It's a long drive to his practice, so to alleviate some of the pressure for me to get him there he just stayed with his coach for these past two weeks and came home on the weekends.

Now, to the subject at hand, green smoothies. As most of you know, I LOVE green smoothies. I have one pretty much every morning. Some people use coffee to get them going in the morning. I use green smoothies. I wanted to share with you a concoction that I came up with the other day that I'm really diggin' right now. It's pretty calorie loaded, but I don't eat anything else until lunch time.

1-2 frozen bananas
1 avocado (yes, avocado...it tastes good)
2 mandarin oranges
handful of spinach
1 cup or so of water

Throw in your spinach and water and then blend together. Throw in your bananas, your peeled avocado and your peeled and seeded mandarin oranges and blend. It's really creamy and yummy. If you can't find mandarin oranges (they look like oranges only smaller and darker orange) then you could use oranges. I really like the mandarin oranges because they are super juicy and they are sweeter than oranges; but they are also hard to find.
If you come up with your own yummy concoction let me know! I love trying new things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mara! Thanks for the comment! I'd love to keep in touch. It's so nice to hear from local for sure. I'm in Raytown. I'm going to start having raw "potlucks" so to speak fairly often. I'd love it if you could come to some of them:)